I have only been at this blogging thing for a short time now – I write two blogs, this one and a blog about my adventures as a music educator. Both are just starting out, with around 10 posts each, and each has very modest statistics. So, I was pleasantly surprised when Facetious Firecracker (freakin’ hilarious blog – go read it now!!) nominated Adventures with Veggies for the “One Lovely Blog Award” and the “Sunshine Award” – THANK YOU!
Of course, there are rules that go along with these things! Check it out:
One Lovely Blog Award
- Rules are as follows:
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you
- Paste the award image on your blog
- Tell 7 Facts About Yourself
- Nominate 15 other blogs that you would like to give the award to.
- Contact the bloggers that you have chosen and let them know about the award.
Here are my facts:
- I hate roller coasters. In fact, I hate all things that give me that feeling of your stomach jumping into your throat. Not cool.
- I can’t swim. I grew up in a place where I didn’t have to know how and just never got around to learning. If you threw me in the deep end of a pool, there’s a 50/50 chance that I wouldn’t make it!
- My entire apartment could be in shambles, but I cannot stand to have a dirty kitchen. I will often neglect other chores to make sure that the dishes are done and all of my food and cabinets are organized.
- I WILL NOT do laundry if it’s raining. My reasoning is that I should not have to pay to dry my clothes (I have to go to a laundromat) for them to just get wet again when I walk outside! Weird, I know.
- I did not make my first lasagna until after I became a vegan – weird because of my Italian heritage (half). I liked it just as much, if not better than regular lasagna!
- I have to sleep with something over me at night, even if it’s just a sheet over one of my limbs. When I get warm, the first part of me to come out from the blanket is a my feet!
- I have been singing since before I can remember. My very first solo song that I sang in front of an audience was “The Rainbow Connection” from the Muppets at my Kindergarten end-of-the-year assembly. Awesome song, even now!
The Sunshine Award
- Rules are as follows:
- Include the award’s logo in a post or on your blog.
- Answer 10 questions about yourself.
- Nominate other fabulous bloggers.
- Link your nominees to this post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.
- Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
Here are my questions/answers:
What is your favorite childhood memory? Playing games with my two sisters – we didn’t need board games or cards, we kept ourselves amused with our own made up world in which we got to be Disney movie characters!
What is a real fear you have? Failure. I have nightmares about forgetting something at school, screwing up concerts, letting people in my life down – it’s definitely one of the biggest fears that I have.
How would you describe yourself? Hmmm. I am a vegan music educator that enjoys working out, eating, cooking, reading, and staying in for a quiet night at home. When I am with people that I know, I am outgoing but I get a bit introverted when I am around large groups of strangers.
What countries have you lived in? Just this one! I have visited Costa Rica but that’s about it! I would love to go to Europe (Italy and Spain mainly) when I get the chance.
What is your style? I feel like I have two – my “teacher style” and my “Julie style.”
What is your favorite breakfast food? The vegan Bike Shop Special from Satellite Cafe in Philadelphia
What are some of your hobbies? Singing, playing the piano, blogging, cooking, reading, yoga, running
If you could tell people anything, what would be the most important thing to say? Stay positive – I always try to find the brighter side of things, and keeping that sort of attitude has helped me through a lot of not-so-great situations.
What is one of your passions? Music – it has been a lifelong passion. I built my career around music and I love that I get to call teaching music my job!
What is the one truth you have learned? You’re never given more than you can handle. It may seem that things are horrible and impossible, but they will always look up. You will always find a way, and there is always a silver lining.
Because I blog about two very different topics, my 15 nominations will be a bit all over the place as far as genre. I have also taken Facetious Firecracker’s lead and combined my nominations – all of these blogs have influenced me in some way, and deserve to receive both rewards. In no particular order, they are:
- My Vegan Vida - The Hispanic Way to Cook Vegan
- Ready for Plan B - Finding Health and Happiness, One Plant at a Time
- Inked Blonde Vegan - Vegan recipes and tips
- Frugorilla - Gorilla Sized Sustainability and Savings Tips
- The Orff-Schulwerk Classroom - Orff lessons and resources
- Day in the Life of a Backwards Musical Mind - I teach, I play, I think
- V is for Vegetables - Vegetables, cooking, traveling, and running
- Naughty Vegan - Just another Naughty Vegan
- Alison’s Music Blog - Music teaching ideas, philosophies, tools, resources
- This Running Life - Running, veganism, life
- South Florida Orff - Orffing in South Florida
- Rhapsody in Autism - Face the music
- Vegan Yack Attack - Everything from indulgent desserts, to healthy dinners, and even raw recipes
- Tune Up Philly - The Philadelphia Youth Orchestra’s Educational Outreach Program
- Sing Imagination - A learning journey of a music teacher
Once again, thank you for the honor! Thank you, also, to the bloggers mentioned above – keep writing and posting that awesome material of yours!
Who are your favorite bloggers? Name some in the comments section below!